- Culture of social media
- Applying social media to your organization
- Innovation and libraries
- Dianna Wiggins, Social Knowledge Consultant
* * * Remember to bring your headsets. * * *
Exercises and Assignments
Hands-on Training in Class
- Teams projects: Share team project plans in the student projects folder.
- Playing in Sandboxes (Part 2) assignment:
Continue to develop your "sandbox," incorporating a handful of mashups. Will discuss assignment in class.
- Student Portfolios: Continuing development and organization of your Student Portfolio area. Review options available under Google Help on how to add and enhance the organization and content.
Readings and Resources
- Best Practices for Government Libraries: Web 2.0 in the Workplace and Beyond (April 2008). Compiled and edited by Marie Kaddell, LexisNexis Information Professional Consultant. URL: http://www.governmentinfopro.com/federal_info_pro/2008/04/best-practices.html (accessed 1/9/2010). This resource illustrates some wonderful approaches on how information professionals are employing Web 2.0 solutions.