- Implementation of search solutions, user experiences, reality
- Enterprise search tools, federated search tools
- Meaning within context, semantic search tools
- Structured vs. unstructured data
- Clustering data results
- Dave Forbes, Information Design, Emantix.
Formed in 2008, Emantix is the current manifestation of Dave's over two
decades experience innovating and experimenting with business process
methods, semantics, content, metadata, usability, information and
interaction design, and advertising and marketing.
- Sharon Flank, Ph.D., Principal, Data Strategy Consulting.
She is a technology strategist specializing in advanced technology
applications and is a computational linguist, an expert in natural
language processing (NLP) and information retrieval.
Exercises and Assignments
Independent Learning/Team Projects
- Continue to refine your portfolio including your learning and experiences.
- Continue to work on Team projects and report weekly progress.
Readings and Resources
- Engard, Nicole C., Editor (2009). Library Mashups: Exploring New Ways to Deliver Library Data. Information Today, Inc.: New Jersey. Read the following chapter:
- Chapter 19: ZACK Bookmaps by Wolfram Schneider
- Chapter 20: Federated Database Search Mashup by Stephen Hedges, Laura Solomon, and Karl Jendretzky
- Hall, Mark (June 2008). "Finding, Not Searching Is What Really Counts," Computerworld blogs. URL: http://blogs.computerworld.com/finding_not_searching (accessed 1/3/2008).
- Havenstein, Heather (April 2008). "Semantic search engine aims to improve health searches," Computerworld blogs. URL: http://blogs.computerworld.com/sematic_search_engine_aims_to_improve_health_searches (accessed 1/3/2010).